The Academic Committee of the URV's doctoral programme in Humanistic Studies awards a series of specific grants (Types A and B) to doctoral candidates and thesis supervisors every academic year.
The Academic Committee will evaluate the applications and award a grant to selected projects depending on the funds available and the allocation criteria in each case.
These grants are divided into three categories:
1. Financial assistance for doctoral students and thesis supervisors under the URV's doctoral programme in Humanistic Studies.
2. Mobility grants of up to €1500 for doctoral students of the URV's programme in Humanistic Studies.
3. Grants of up to €600 for doctoral students in order to promote academic activities by doctoral students that benefit their training.
CALL FOR GRANTS FOR THE URV'S DOCTORAL PROGRAMME IN HUMANISTIC STUDIES
To be able to apply for these grants, you must:
- Be a doctoral student or thesis supervisor on the URV's Doctoral Programme in Humanistic Studies.
- Submit the documents of the activity for which you are applying for the grant.
2. Application procedure
2.1 Those applicants who comply with all the requirements and wish to apply for the grant can find the application form in the document entitled "Application form for Grant Type A" (for doctoral students) and "Application form for Grant Type B" (for thesis supervisors) on Moodle.
2.2. Applications for grants must be submitted according to the standard model, to the General Registry of the URV; They should be addressed to the president of the Academic Committee of the Doctoral Program of Humanistic Studies. Any application that is not processed in this way will not be accepted.
2.3. There are two deadlines for submitting applications: 31 May and 30 November.
Applicants must submit:
1. The completed application form.
2. Original receipts or invoices to be paid.
3. Photocopy of the current account into which the grant is to be paid and of which the applicant must be the holder or joint holder.
4. Photocopy of the applicant's identity card.
5. Photocopy of the applicant's registration for the current academic year. If you are requesting funding for scientific meetings (congresses, colloquia, etc.), you must also submit:
- Report of the congress.
- Programme of the congress attended
- Attendance certificate
4. Evaluation of the applications
The Academic Committee of the URV's Doctoral Programme in Humanistic Studies will evaluate all the applications and assign amounts to the projects selected as a function of the funds available and the assignation criteria.
Any doubts about the interpretation of these bases will be cleared up by the Academic Committee.
MOBILITY GRANT FOR STUDENTS ON THE URV'S DOCTORAL PROGRAMME IN HUMANISTIC STUDIES
Mobility is a key process in training research staff and an opportunity for consolidation and specialisation.
The grants for short visits abroad are a way of encouraging the quality and the internationalisation of research for staff in the process of carrying out research for their doctoral theses. Visits to centres, universities or leading groups are intended to improve their predoctoral project.
To award predoctoral mobility grants so that students can carry out short research visits to universities or research centres outside Spain.
This call will not accept applications for attending meetings, seminars, courses and congresses.
You can apply for this type of grant if on the date of submission and during the visit, you comply with the following requisites:
a) You are preparing your doctoral thesis in the framework of the URV's Programme in Humanistic Studies
b) You make the research visit abroad before you deposit your doctoral thesis.
c) You are not part of a research staff training programme that includes travel grants.
d) If you have been awarded your bachelor's degree, master's degree or equivalent outside the Catalan university system, you cannot make your research stay in the same country.
Research visits must last between 1 and 6 months.
Research visits can begin before the awards of the grants have been officially announced.
The grant for travel and living expenses is €1,500.
You must submit your grant application to:
Application forms must be submitted according to the standard model, to the General Registry of the URV; They should be addressed to the president of the Academic Committee of the Doctoral Program of Humanistic Studies. Any application that is not processed in this way will not be accepted.
The form can be completed in Catalan, Spanish or English.
The application form consists of a general form and the following annexes, which must be attached to it:
a) Annex to the application ("Mobility grant form"). This document provides the information about the curriculum of the candidate, the scientific background of the researcher, host group or host department and the research project or activity that is to be undertaken.
Deadline for presenting applications:
There are two deadlines for submitting applications: 31 May and 30 November.
GRANTS FOR OTHER DOCTORAL ACTIVITIES