Universitat Rovira i Virgili


Frequently asked questions

I am a doctoral student studying a pre-RD99/2011 degree, do I have to present the DAD and Research Plan? 

Only doctoral students who registered for the first time in the 2013-14 academic year have to present the DAD and the Research Plan.

I am a doctoral student studying a pre-RD99/2011 degree. When is the deadline for defending my thesis?

These dates cannot be extended. This is why you have to make sure you do all the administrative procedures before the established deadlines.

I began my doctorate at another university. What must I do to be able to register at the URV?

Do I have to register for the doctorate every academic year?

For how many academic years must I have been registered before I can defend my thesis?

I have a DEA or my research aptitude has been recognised. Can I continue with my doctorate?

How much does part-time registration cost?

What is the difference between a European Distinction and an International Distinction?

International distinction
(on the front of the certificate)

RD 99/2011
RD 1393/2007

European distinction
(on the back of the certificate)

RD 56/2005
RD 1393/2007

European or international distinction

RD 778/1998
RD 185/1985

I registered for the first year of a doctoral degree in January 2017. Does that mean I also have to register in January next year?

I have a pre-Bologna degree in engineering. Can I apply to study for a doctorate?

Do postgraduate courses allow me to access a doctoral course?

I have a diploma. Can I apply to study for a doctorate?

I need a certificate of admission in order to apply for a grant before the dates specified on the URV admissions timetable. How can I obtain this certificate?

How should I format my URV thesis?

For further information, please contact the Postgraduate and Doctoral School.